Grace Tamer is a partner at Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm.
Grace has more than 30 years of experience and a broadly focused disputes practice advising prominent local, regional and international clients on major civil, commercial and penal litigation cases before all court levels, from case strategy setting to implementation. Her practice spans across many industries, and covers collection claims, consensual work-outs, complex enforcement actions, major debt restructurings, and insolvency proceedings.
Grace has substantial industry knowledge of the print and broadcast media sectors, having advised high-profile Lebanese and regional newspapers and television stations on their onshore and offshore activities, the procurement and protection of intellectual property rights and licenses, and dispute resolution matters.
Her extensive experience includes counselling on a wide spectrum of employment law matters, ranging from the development of legally-compliant employment policies to employment contracts, as well as labor-related litigation. She also specializes in regulatory advice on administrative and public law matters.
Grace’s recent notable representative experience can be viewed here.
- Dispute Resolution
- Employment and Benefits
- Financial Restructuring and Insolvency
- Intellectual Property
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Admitted to the Beirut Bar Association.
- LLB (Bachelor of Laws), Saint-Joseph University, Lebanon.
- Diploma in Mediation, Saint Joseph University, Lebanon.
Arabic ● French ● English
Dispute Resolution ● Employment and Benefits ● Media ● Financial Restructuring and Insolvency ● Intellectual Property
- Advised leading TV Station LBCI on a wide spectrum of pre-litigation negotiations and lawsuits related to the infringement of IP rights and media-related agreements.
- Advised prominent groups across all industries on employment redundancy plans and employee settlements in the context of corporate restructurings and winding-ups involving complex regulatory approvals, as well as a wide array of employment lawsuits.
- Advised leading TV station LBCI on a criminal lawsuit for fraudulent bankruptcy against the largest Arab media group Rotana before the financial prosecutor in Lebanon in the context of the highly-mediatized Lebanese and international judicial and arbitral conflict opposing LBCI to the Rotana group.
- Participated in advising Carlos Ghosn, the notorious former CEO of the Renault-Nissan Group, on the challenging of an Interpol Red Notice in the context of the high profile globally mediatized legal actions against Nissan and Renault.
- Advised leading healthcare group Hitachi Medical Systems on a major lawsuit against the Saint-Joseph Medical Center involving highly complex medical equipment issues.
- Advised the world's leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology SITA, one of the operators of the Beirut Rafic Hariri International airport, on a critical liability lawsuit lodged by the Lebanese Government.
- Advised leading pharmaceutical group BENTA on 3 high-profile lawsuits in relation to distributorship agreements against French global pharmaceutical company ROCHE, Irish global NYSE-listed pharmaceutical company Allergan, and German global medical technology company KLS Martin.
- Advised the Karkour family in winning a complex ad-hoc arbitration of a major high-stake shareholders’ dispute related to the leading pharmaceutical company Codipha.
- Advised leading pharmaceutical company Codipha on pre-litigation negotiations with the global leader in generic pharmaceuticals Sandoz related to the termination of a multi-million distributorship agreement.
- Advised leading F&B brand ARUBA on winning a major trademark infringement lawsuit against main market competitor in Lebanon DOMO.