Hachem El Housseini is a senior associate at Abou Jaoude & Associates Law Firm. Prior to joining the Firm, Hachem practiced in a reputable law firm in Lebanon.
Hachem has a versatile practice and considerable experience advising local, regional, and international clients on corporate, estate planning, energy, as well as dispute resolution matters, with a notable industry expertise in media and aviation. He advises companies across industries on regulatory compliance, corporate structurings, private equity acquisitions and disposals, and a wide spectrum of commercial agreements.
Hachem has a broad media practice and has acted for major traditional and new media clients on their contracts and transactions, covering digital rights, broadcasting, advertising, production, post-production, registration and protection of intellectual property, the acquisition and transfer of content rights, and other related matters. Hachem’s practice also includes private wealth planning, having counselled private clients on complex international private law and cross-border family law matters, including the management, protection and transfer of estates.
On the disputes front, Hachem has participated in advising on several complex and high-profile domestic and international litigation cases and arbitrations under the rules of key arbitral institutions in Lebanon and Europe, including the ICC, ICSID and BCCI.
Hachem's recent notable representative experience can be viewed here.
- Corporate Law
- Private Wealth and Family Offices
- Dispute Resolution
- Oil & Gas
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Hachem is recognized as a Recommended Lawyerin the prominent international directory The Legal 500 EMEA 2022, in the practice area of ‘Dispute Resolution’.
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Faculty member and instructor of ‘Legal Aspects of Agribusiness’ at the American University of Beirut (AUB), Lebanon.
- Co-author of the current Lebanon chapter of the ‘Inward Investment & International Taxation Review’ published by The Law Reviews and edited by Latham & Watkins USA.
- Co-author of the current Lebanon chapter of the ‘Energy Regulation & Markets Review’ published by The Law Reviews and edited by Latham & Watkins USA.
- Co-author of the Lebanon chapter of the 2018 ‘Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review’ published by The Law Reviews and edited by Latham & Watkins USA.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Admitted to the Beirut Bar Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- LLB (Bachelor of Laws) (with distinction), Faculty of Law-French Section of the Lebanese University, Lebanon.
- MBA, Ecole Supérieure des Affaires (ESA), Lebanon.
- Diploma of Superior Studies in Management (DESM), Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris (ESCP), France.
- Islamic Finance Qualification (IFQ), Ecole Supérieure des Affaires (ESA), Lebanon, accredited by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment, UK.
Arabic ● French ● English
Media ● Dispute Resolution ● Energy
- Advised regional TV powerhouse LBCI on all types of media-related agreements and the cross-border acquisition of several format rights, television series, HD equipment upgrades and production material.
- Participated in advising leading TV station LBCI in winning the high-profile and complex multi-million Paris and London-seated ICC arbitration cases against the largest Arab media group Rotana.
- Participated in advising Carlos Ghosn, the notorious former CEO of the Renault-Nissan Group, on over 15 high-profile globally mediatized legal cases opposing him to Nissan/Renault and related parties where the Firm acted as Lead Counsel spearheading a global defense team of prominent international law firms in more than seven jurisdictions.
- Advised a high net-worth individual on various family law proceedings before Lebanese and UK courts, including a non-Hague abduction case before the High Court Family Division in London.
- Advised the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on the legislative framework study for the transport and energy sectors in Lebanon, a component of the Sustainable Oil and Gas Development Project in Lebanon (SODEL).
- Advised leading consulting firm Mores SARL on the feasibility study for a first-of-its-kind Integrated Sustainable Waste Management (SWM) network to be implemented by the Union of Municipalities of Jurd El-Kaitee in Lebanon’s Akkar governorate, where a 15-year strategic master plan for SWM was developed with the support of an EU-funded development cooperation project.